[DC LoCo] RMS on Craigslist... (Linux Chix, be afraid.)

flint at flint.com flint at flint.com
Tue Mar 2 12:58:50 GMT 2010

Dear Marti,

If there is anyone who has a glimpse of the heart...

Nice touch.

Remember, there is no romantic like an old romantic...
(instructions for previous line %s/romantic/fool/g :^)

Regards,

Flint

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Marti Martinson wrote:

> Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:44:40 -0500
> From: Marti Martinson <arthur.martinson at verizon.net>
> To: dcloco <Ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] RMS on Craigslist...  (Linux Chix, be afraid.)
>
> You ROCK, Ted. Bra-friggin-vo!
>
> Marti
>
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 15:17 -0500, Ted Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:14 -0500, Kevin Cole wrote:
>>> John Knight passed this one on.
>>>
>>> http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bos/533096562.html
>>>

>> Some people look at this and laugh, but I see someone who is so
>> dedicated to their cause that they have chosen against nearly all of the
>> aspects of life that the rest of us take for granted. RMS might act like
>> a robot at times, but he isn't one; he's a human with the same emotions
>> as anyone else. To me, this post is an indication of some sort of
>> loneliness or desire for companionship - things he feels because instead
>> of hacking or being retired and settling down with a family, he is out
>> there, going around the world every month, fighting for us.
>>
>> As an anarchist I typically disapprove of vanguardism, but if it wasn't
>> for RMS being the professional revolutionary he is, and giving up
>> everything else in order to do it, who knows where we'd be.
>>
>> Thanks, RMS.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641

http://www.bosivt.org
http://www.flint.com/home
skype: flintinfotech
Work: (202) 537-0480

Consilium                                       _
gratuitum        .~.     ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
valet            /V\      against HTML e-mail   X
quanti          /( )\     www.asciiribbon.org  / \
numerantur      ^^-^^