[DC LoCo] macintosh magazine editor switches to ubuntu

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Wed Jan 14 17:47:16 GMT 2009

Former MacUser Editor Switches To Ubuntu, Predicts Mac App Store

3:23 am, January 14th, 2009, Giles Turnbull

Ian Betteridge is a brave man. Not only is he a Mac user who has switched to
Ubuntu running on Dell hardware, he’s also decided to say so in public.

Some of you may recognize his name: for some years, he was a writer for, and
then editor of, the UK version of MacUser magazine.

Full article at http://tinyurl.com/6u636l

           phil

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://philsrssfeed.blogspot.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html

"Wisdom starts with wonder." - Socrates

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The
occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As
our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall
ourselves, and then we shall save our country." Abraham Lincoln (1862)