[DC LoCo] i'm blogging for PCRetro about tech access stuff

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Mon Aug 3 19:33:45 BST 2009

hi ubuntu dc loco community,

    this week i started blogging for PCRetro.com about technology
access issues.
although PCRetro is a for-profit company, i see them as one of the
strongest forces for bridging the digital divide in the DC-area.

      my first blog post is at

http://www.pcretro.com/wordpress/?p=81

       if you have ideas for what you'd like me to blog about, i'm all
ears, too. my main interests are:

computers in education

getting computers into the hands of those who can't usually afford them

free software

free web services

squeezing the most out of older hardware

fostering greater computer independence for computer newbies (i.e.
self reliance)

computer use in the nonprofit sector

digital storytelling

FIRST Robotics

what we need to do next to be building a more inclusive society

    my undergrad degree is in philosophy, so i sometimes post "i've
been wondering" kinds of posts, too.

             phil

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html