[DC LoCo] Could someone fill me in on the relationship between Yorktown H.S., this group, and Edubuntu

Bud Roth junk at taiotoshi.org
Fri Mar 7 02:00:52 GMT 2008

I am a new member.  I know that Yorktown has a very active linux group and is involved in the Edubuntu project.  What exactly is the relationship with this group?  Do you have separate meetings? One of the reasons I joined was to find out more about how I could help one of my sons' 1-8 school do a feasibility study on using Linux in a computer room.  They are very interested and I'd like to support.  Any insights on where I should go, what meetings I might attend would be most appreciated.

Bud Roth