[DC LoCo] Could someone fill me in on the relationship between Yorktown H.S., this group, and Edubuntu

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:42:55 GMT 2008

One of this group's founders is the teacher that got Linux into Yorktown
High School.  They have their own LUG ( http://yhslug.tux.org/ ), which I
believe has its own list.  We don't really have meetings that are just
general body meetings.  We get together for events, like install fests.
YHSLUG occasionally has speakers at their school though.  Most communication
is done over the list.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Bud Roth <junk at taiotoshi.org> wrote:

> I am a new member.  I know that Yorktown has a very active linux group and
> is involved in the Edubuntu project.  What exactly is the relationship with
> this group?  Do you have separate meetings? One of the reasons I joined was
> to find out more about how I could help one of my sons' 1-8 school do a
> feasibility study on using Linux in a computer room.  They are very
> interested and I'd like to support.  Any insights on where I should go, what
> meetings I might attend would be most appreciated.
>
> Bud Roth

Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169
ACM Member #3445683