[DC LoCo] GW University network question

Troy Lenze tlenze at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:27:15 GMT 2007

I recently turned a friend onto Ubuntu, and he's looking to buy a
Linux-based laptop.  He teaches at George Washington University, and
when he contacted them about using their wireless network with Linux,
they said they don't support Linux.  Now, that could mean anything from
they don't allow Linux computers on the network to just not helping you
if you have any problems.

Does anyone have any experience with GW's wireless network?  I'd love to
tell me friend to go ahead and get the laptop.