[CoLoCo] Ubuntu-us-co Digest, Vol 47, Issue 40

Jerry Windsor jkwindsor at eaton.k12.co.us
Wed Apr 20 17:07:27 UTC 2011

I work for Eaton Schools, and we have about 150 computers running Ubuntu
Lucid.

I have an interesting thing showing up if I ssh into some of my computers.
 I get the following info.  I don't under stand the second set of package
and updates.  If anyone could shed some light on this it would be very
helpful.

Welcome to Ubuntu!
 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

0 packages can be updated.
0 updates are security updates.

Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

Welcome to Ubuntu!
 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

33 packages can be updated.
15 updates are security updates.

You have new mail.
Last login: Wed Apr 20 10:34:01 2011 from 172.16.1.50

Jerry Windsor
Eaton Schools RE-2
970-454-5132

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well
as the body.
Benjamin Franklin