[CoLoCo] TA SPRING help? [gaming/compiling question]

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:40:06 BST 2008

I'm not positive, but It appears they have a dist for Intrepid, if you'd
prefer that route:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/spring/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/spring/ubuntu intrepid main

You can usually find out what all they have up by going to the dist link
such as : http://ppa.launchpad.net/spring/ubuntu/dists/

But since it's not on their site officially, I'd iffy as to how well it works.

If your more interested in building it from source, check out this link :
*http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Build_from_source*

It has a sub section for all Debian dependencies, which should be all you'll
need. As for the actual install, it looks like you use scons :

*Configure and build:*

scons configure
scons

*Install:*

scons install
mkdir -p /etc/spring
echo '$HOME/.spring' > /etc/spring/datadir

I've not tried this out, so take it with a grain of salt, but I hope I've
helped to point you in the right direction at least.

- Ian