[CoLoCo] resources for a linux newbie in the Denver area

siblog tehsiblog at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:32:58 GMT 2008

Question1: I would just recommend that she joins this group and fires off
questions as she has them.
Question2: I was looking to possibly pick up a Zune a few years ago so I
researched this very topic.....and from what I read back then and have read
recently Zune/Amarok and Zune/Songbird don't completely work yet. The issue
from what I have read is that the Zune uses a slightly different transfer
protocol then MTP (which was the transfer protocol created by Microsoft for
these very devices), instead they use a protocol known as MTPZ. Any other
MTP devices should work, just not the Zunes. I don't know about Amarok but I
know that the Songbird team has an open bug with Microsoft/Zune and are
working hard on getting this resolved.

-Simon