[CoLoCo] running LiveCD from HD help

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Tue Jul 29 16:14:38 BST 2008

There is another way of doing it, but boy is that ever complicated.  It involved running Xserver-Xephyr to create a second X server running nested inside your main X server.  Then you need to run the CD in a separate process, and bind that instance to Xephyr.  There, no VM.  But, that being said, if all you want is a solution that works to try this software, I would just use the simplicity of a Virtual Machine.

Kevin Fries