[CoLoCo] Tax Time Again

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 19:59:51 GMT 2008

----- Original Message ----

 tax

> >  post-card

> political

 humor. I
> without

 the

> > > Or conversely, keep all your money and learn how to put your
> own

 fires
> > > out, catch criminals, build your own roads, etc., etc.
> > > --
> > Wouldn't be too bad if they would cut out all the etc stuff.
> >
> > Paul
>
> I have no problem with "etc", since "etc" includes education and some
> few other things that need to be as "equal opportunity" as we can
> manage, but I WANT THAT POSTCARD!  As a computer geek, I'm tired of
> being paying more tax because I'm not a tax geek.  I want simple, fair,
> and sustainable.
>
> That said, aren't we pretty far afield?  Aren't we, in fact, discussing
> one of the two "forbidden" topics?  I know CLUE-talk
> specifically

 allows
> this sort of thing, and I've gotten into some pretty high fun
> there,

 but
> I wasn't aware that the these subjects were fair game on the CoLoCo
> list.
Probably pretty far off-topic. Even itellectually superior computer geeks will have a hard time contructing a "fair" approach to taxation and redistribution. However, I feel that whenever the collector's share is big enough to either want to make me quit my efforts or drive me to a different venue, it's clearly not serving the general good.

JMNSHO

Paul