[CoLoCo] Install Fest

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Jan 22 04:03:02 GMT 2008

I'd recommend that before (or instead of) doing our own installfest,
someone should attend one of the regular CLUE installfests. They
install Ubuntu along with other linux distros.

http://www.cluedenver.org/display.php?node=installfest

 CLUE holds installfests regularly in Westminster and the Denver Tech
 Center. The goal is every other month, alternating between north and
 south locations. Dates are requested right after the previous
 installfest and posted here when they are confirmed. Announcements
 are sent to the CLUE Tech list when the details are known.

Also note there is a big local project to give hundreds of One Laptop
Per Child machines to villages in Ethopia and Tanzania:

 http://groups.google.com/group/xocolorado/

A local tech-philanthropist is running and funding it.  So there could
be some synergy there.  I expect that the combination of the great
hardware (I've got one :-) and in-depth support and training that come
with the OLPC project will help enhance the impact of those donations.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/