[CoLoCo] Flash Problem

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:50:00 GMT 2008

Keep in mind, This is assuming you are using *Ubuntu 32-bit*.

Are you installing "flashplugin-nonfree"?  You'll need to have the
Multi-verse repo's enabled.
Check this if you need more help :
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Flash
I don't believe the gnash is quite ready for everyday use, but its been a
long time since I've used it. So I could be wrong.

If your feeling adventurous, you could also install it from Adobe directly.
Current version is 9,0,115,0.
This version includes the new Flash support for the standard H.264 and AAC
codecs as well as hardware-accelerated fullscreen support. This is also the
first official Linux release to support the new XEmbed browser protocol
which simply allows a browser plugin on Unix to behave better in a modern
desktop environment. <http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/>

download the tar.gz from :
Here<http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Linux>

then extract the files :
tar xfv  install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

And now Copy it to your browsers plugin folder :
Opera : $ sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/opera/plugins/
Firefox : $ cp libflashplayer.so /home/chomafin/.mozilla/plugins/

Restart the browser, presto chango your done!