[CoLoCo] SchoolFusion vs. Drupal other FOSS

Richard Guenther richskyline at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:10:47 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org>wrote:

>  I don't know the cost for SchoolFusion but in our next meeting I hope to
> bring it up, and I want to be able to compare that with a local solution.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)

Hi Jim,

Our school's sports teams contract out to someone using Cold Fusion and the
cost is 55 bucks a month for the add-heavy version.

I'm working on a Joomla site for our school (hosting it outside of the
district to avoid problems) and it's pretty easy to use.  I've never used a
CMS before, though, so someone with some CSS expertise and a little PHP
skill could work wonders with both Joomla and Drupal.

Here's the site I'm working on.  I've only put about 4 or so hours into it
so far (using a default Joomla template, even, so it could look much fancier
soon):

http://www.futureskyline.com/stemvpa/

Richard

Richard Guenther