[CoLoCo] Got BusyBox?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Sat Aug 9 21:27:30 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Don Schwartz <dSchwartz at aerorad.com> wrote:

> uFolks
> Some months ago i purchased a CloudBook & have STRUGGLED w/ "gOS" ever
> since :(
>
> Current dilemma, platform CRASH'S & i've been try'n 2 load ANYTHING w/ the
> follow'n results;
>
> DVD-based "gOS" platform (FAILURE) ALSO try'd several versions of CD-based
> "ubuntu" (FAILURE)
>
> the Box "see's" the external CD or DVD external drives, as i config Boot
> Sequence, BUT..........,
>
> ALL attempts end w/ the Box default'n 2 exist'n CORRUPT gOS then ends w/
> command screen;

If you can boot off a flash drive give that a try. I just installed ubuntu
on an HP mini note using a "live flash drive". You can make the flash drive
with a tool called UNetBootin http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html.
It worked great for me. If the issue is related to booting off an external
cd this may or may not help. It can't hurt to try.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----