[CoLoCo] Missing SATA hard drive

Daniel Galecki dgalecki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 00:36:28 GMT 2007

I would recommend backing up the original first whenever making changes to
this file, just in case. Be careful editing it but if you ever do mess up
your boot setup, you can always resort to the live CD to fix things and
restoring a backup via the live CD is cake.

You can edit the bootloader menu by running the following command:
sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

Just look for the boot entries that you wish to remove, they would look
something like:

title        Ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.20-16-generic (recovery mode)
root        (hd0,0)
kernel        /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-16-genericroot=UUID=b70d9203-1d53-47d4-b613-bf11fa3077e1
ro single
initrd        /boot/initrd.img-2.6.20-16-generic

And comment the unwanted ones out with # or just remove them all together,
your choice.

-Daniel Galecki