[CoLoCo] Join in on Bug Day this Friday

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Jul 18 20:32:08 BST 2007

I know that I only notice a change in karma once a day - usually around
midnight. Also, the value of each action seems variable in the sense that I
get more than just double points for two actions in the same day. I think
it's kind of exponential to a point.

For example, if you get 200 points for answering one question (i.e. it's
marked solved by the op) you won't get 400 points if you solve two questions
- you might get 500, and for 3 questions in the same day you might get 1000
points. The other day I solved 4 questions in one day (dumb luck really
since several people all marked them solved the same day) and I got close to
1800 points. I seem to get about 200-250 for one question but never actually
tried to figure it out.

I think the idea is that if you do 10 things in one day, that's more work
than doing 1 thing each day for 10 days. Maybe Joey can confirm or deny this
by checking the code but that's what I've noticed.

Jim