[Ubuntu Chicago] UniForum Chicago Game Show 2018

Wayne Schneidman wayne.schneidman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:50:40 UTC 2018

 <http://uniforumchicago.org/>Meetings

UniForum Chicago Game Show - 2018David J. YoungJuly Thursday 26th 2018 at
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Bolingbrook, Fountaindale Library, Meeting Room A
<http://uniforumchicago.org/meetings/gameshow2018.html#GettingThere>
Abstract

This month Uniforum Chicago will be doing something different. We will be
holding our 2nd Game Show night (1st one held back in 2011). Audience
members with a laptop that wants to participate will be pitted against each
other in a test of their technical knowledge and familiarity with cultural
trivia. This tongue-in-cheek event is sure to be a hilarious night of fun
and entertainment. Join us for this not-to-be-missed special event. You may
even learn something!

Bring a laptop with WiFi, if you plan to participate. Audience members
without laptops will be appreciated for cheering the game on!

As usual we will be having a "Meeting After the Meeting" for talk and
drinks, and we are planning it to probably happen at the Rock Bottom
restaurant in the Bolingbrook Promenade mall
<https://rockbottom.com/locations/bolingbrook/>. The link goes to the
restaurant's Bolingbrook website, but if you want a direct link to a map
for directions use this link
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir/639+E.+Boughton+Road%2C+Suite+100%2C+Bolingbrook%2C+IL+60440/>
.
Bio

David J. Young has 30 years experience as a programmer, systems, network
and database administrator. He is currently the IT Director at National
Cycle, a world leader in motorcycle windshield and accessories
manufacturing. It is his ideal job. It combines computers and motorcycling;
two of his life-long passions. When he's not on a computer, he's usually
exploring a US or European twisty backroad on a motorcycle, or aggressively
slicing through the trees in Michigan on a dirt bike.

Getting to the meetingThe next General meeting of UniForum Chicago will be
at:

        Bolingbrook Fountaindale Library
        http://www.fountaindale.org/
        Meeting Room A (1st floor)