[Ubuntu Chicago] IRC meeting and 12.04 release party?

Brian Semrad bjsemrad at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:30:58 UTC 2012

Some of the reasons I personally use Linux over Windows is...

- Freedom to make changes to code and try out the latest innovations.
- I can compile the kernel and reduce its foot print on my hard drive.
- Freedom to customize the User-interface or choose multiple (Gnome-Shell,
Unity, KDE, Cinnamon, XFCE, Mate, Awesome, etc)
- Having a stable system.
- No need to go looking for drivers as they are all built into the kernel.
- Quick updates, this is updated faster than any other operating system
with bug fixes and new features.
- Most distros ship with everything you need out of the box, libreoffice,
etc
- I know there are no back-doors in the software for the spies :).
- As a developer / enthusiast all the new exciting and innovative
technology is happening on linux now and gets ported to a windows platform
later.

Figured I would chime in, everyone has there different reasons.

 - Brian