[Ubuntu Chicago] Freelance gig for Database guru

Drew Bodker dbodker at txrxio.net
Thu May 26 16:27:01 UTC 2011

Hello,

I hope this is an acceptable use of the list.  We're is looking a database guru for a freelance project.  I'm in change of the project and wanted to offer up the work here before I started down the craigslist road.

Details:

We're gathering details on all our produced media for the American Archives Project.  The final DB will use the PBCore database scheme.  Are physical media entries are already in the proper format and can be dumped to a local DB to start the process.

What we need is someone to take dumps of our digital assets (CSVs from our CMS and from a few access databases) and massage and merge the data with the existing PBCore database.  It's the massaging (know your RegEx) and merging that'll be the work.  This is NOT data entry.

The work would need to happen during the last two weeks of June.  It is a paying gig and you will have to fill out a W9 and Independent Contractor agreement.  The pay has to he hourly for administration reasons but I'm aware that this could be fairly quick work for someone as qualified as I'm hoping to find here.  There are ways to make sure compensation is adequate even if it only takes a few hours for a few days.  I'm happy to go into details about this off list.

Please let me know if you're interested.

I can be reached by replay email or:
(312) 342-0300
gchat: avbodker

Cheers,