[Ubuntu Chicago] Help installing Ubuntu 11.04

Rob Smith r_a_smith3530 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 19 02:17:05 UTC 2011

Devon Private <dawiz.99 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Recently I got a Dell Inspirion Mini 1018. It came with Win7 Starter, and a friend gave me a code to get it to Win7pro. I als o tried installing Ubuntu 11.04 and Joli OS 1.2. Both went well, except that Ubuntu 11.04 won't recognize the Wi Fi for my house. It won't recognize ANY wi-fi, it can't find the WiFi chip. How can I get this to work? Should I use the Netbook Remix?

--
Wizkid

Typically, Dell machines have a "Service Tag." You can go to support.dell.com and input that number to find out what hardware you have. Then it should be a simple matter to Google your hardware plus Ubuntu to find a resolution. I've done this a number of times in the past to resolve Linux driver issues.