[Ubuntu Chicago] ZaReason Laptop

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Mon Mar 14 02:42:00 UTC 2011

I have an old laptop that's mostly functional aside from the lack of a
power supply.  I can't remember
the stats exactly... but I'm sure as hell it's not a quad core.
You're welcome to it if you want,
but I doubt it'll be much of a dev machine.

Maybe if you cluster the compaq and my toshiba?  and use distcc?
They'll add up to
what your old machine was like?

Sorry to hear you lost it though.

--
Samir

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> If you haven't heard by now, someone stole my ZaReason laptop yesterday in
> the city. If you see one on Craigslist let me know. It was my dev laptop,
> so now I am left with my old Compaq Presario that, well isn't great for
> doing development on. I am stuck borrowing a Windows PC to do some dev work
> on for a client, and let me just be the first to say, this sucks!
>
> I am trying to scrape together some money to get a new laptop that I can do
> some dev work on, especially build out C++ (quite a bit of Qt work, KDE
> work of course, and debian/ubuntu/red hat/and more packages). It couldn't
> have hit at a worse time, as I have just spent pretty much all of my
> spending money for my daughter's vacation this summer. Living tight for the
> next few weeks which sucks, but some people of the Ubuntu community have
> helped out by donating via http://www.nixternal.com/blog to my 'hurry up
> and get this bum a laptop fund' :)
>
> My ~/ was encrypted, so I am not to worried about them getting that info,
> plus there wasn't anything personal on it, it was all dev work, some of
> which I didn't commit :/  That is the big bummer there of course.
>
> It is a 15" ZaReason, Ubuntu button instead of the Windows one, 160GB hard
> drive, 4GB of ram, Quad Core. It was nothing to fancy overall, it was just
> powerful as all hell. Trying to get something as powerful for as low as
> possible, but that is proving harder than I would have imagined.
>
> And if one of you suggest I sell a bike, I will hunt you down and rip your
> eye lashes off :p
>

> --
>  Name|  Richard JOHNSON
> Title|  Developer
>  WWW|  http://www.ubuntu.com
> Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
> GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow