[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Fun Ride Maybe‏

John Becker jleebecker at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 15:17:00 BST 2010

Lee here, 70 yrs old, and a resident of Elmhurst.
I ride my bike every day, usually within a 5 mile
radius of my home. Some will remember a well
attended Sat meeting at the then brand new Elmhurst
library a few years ago. A few joined me for the
buffet at the Red Dragon restaurant.

In nearby Villa Park, just south of Villa avenue
and St Charles rd, the Great Western Trial meets
the Prairie Path (formerly the Aurora & Elgin RR).
This is the location of the old Ovaltine factory.
In fact, one of the original A&E train stops here
serves as a museum for Ovaltine, the A&E, and
Sears Craftsman homes.

So, meeting in VP, riding west on the PP, then
going north in Wheaton, and returning to our
origin on the GWT would be a pleasant ride. The
further west we go the more it would resemble
an arduous ride.