[Ubuntu Chicago] New to the Chicago LoCo Team

Draycen DeCator ddecator at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:31:45 GMT 2010

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself in hopes that the more
senior members of the team can help me get more involved. My name is Draycen
and I am currently a sophomore at DePaul University (in Lincoln Park). I've
been using Ubuntu since 8.10, so I'm still relatively new, but I have become
more adept at using the OS overtime and hope to become even more advanced in
my skills. I am pretty much addicted to testing nightly releases of
software, so much so that at least 75% of the programs I use are nightly
builds (and that's only because I'm at school and need my computer to be
stable, otherwise it would be higher). I'm currently trying to get involved
with the BugSquad team, I'm just waiting to be assigned a mentor. While I
don't have an programming skills, I am interested in helping out in any
other ways possible...hell, if someone is willing to help me learn some
basic programming, I may even be able to do that as well.

I'll try to attend as many IRC meetings as I can, although school might get
in the way sometimes.

If anybody ever wants to contact me, or if any of you can think of ways I
can help, then by all means email me! You can also see my wiki page and my
launchpad account (both are ddecator) for more ways to contact me.

I look forward to working with all of you, and I hope you can help me
improve my Ubuntu knowledge and skills.

Draycen