[Ubuntu Chicago] Calling at website designers

Steve Woodruff swoody at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 21 03:50:51 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Of course Identi.ca as well. I hate to say this, but Twitter is way better
> in terms of reaching people, so I tend to sling the word Twitter around
> quite a bit. It is kind of like that silly word Google. I google all the
> time, just with Bing.com. HAHA JUST KIDDING! Hey, I would like to see one
> of these integrated pages you are talking about. That sounds like a good
> idea, and I was thinking of just have a small box with recent tweets/dents.

Well, there's a lot more information at the site of the project that
is actually behind identi.ca - StatusNet [1].

For a couple good examples of themes, you can take a look at BrainBird
[2], The Twit Army [3], and Mozillaca [4]. For a lot longer list of
sites that use StatusNet, take a look at this StatusNet wiki page [5].