[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Jam - March 26-28

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 13 15:49:19 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 01:02:52AM -0800, Robert Smith wrote:
[...]
> I think the term is actually "down with that," unless you were on a whole different thought track with your reply.

Yeah, must have been thinking elsewhere on that one. From now on, I will
use jiggy instead :p

> As for me, I don't really give a rat's behind where we hold this, but I would suggest that rather than talking it back and forth, running it through committee, setting up one or two polls, and finally reaching a decision three days before the event, that someone become un-politically correct, make a decision, and leave the event with enough time that we might be able to put the word out on the street and get greater participation!

We are looking at 3 locations right now. Schaumurg Library, IIT, and now
Pumping Station One. If Pumping Station One will have us, I think we may
use them this time around. We will definitely have this one planned well in
advance like we did last year.

> I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but it seems that for the last event or two, the first choice of location became unavailable while we figured out if every homo-sapien on the planet would be able to get to the event.

The reason we rushed the doc jam we are hosting and set it up a bit quick,
as those that would be interested in actually contributing would still make
it. We had to make sure we had 2 key people who could make the event,
myself and Jim Campbell. Otherwise a doc jam might not have been possible.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738