[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Jam - March 26-28

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 12 19:15:51 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:20:49PM -0600, Steve Woodruff wrote:
> I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who hasn't heard. The
> first Global Jam of 2010 is going to be officially announced next
> week. It's scheduled for March 26-28, which is the last weekend in
> March. I'm hoping to pass this around now, so you can all mark it on
> your calendars, and we can get a great turnout for the first Global
> Jam of 2010! This way, we'll also have plenty of time to start tossing
> around ideas on venues, and what you guys would like to see us focus
> on for the Jam.

You beat me to the punch. I was supposed to send this out yesterday, but I
guess it was best for them to announce it first :)

Anyways, we will need a decently sized venue, especially if we have at
least the turnout we did last year. In this case, as it stands, 2 places
come to mind for good places to hold it, and they are in order of
greatness:

 * IIT - specialKevin?
 * Schuamburg Library

The problem with the Library, the location possibly. There is no location
issues with IIT. The only problem with IIT is that we depend on 1 person,
and that is specialKevin, and I don't want to wear out any sort of welcome.

Last year we did it on a Sunday if I remember correctly down town, right
around the corner from IIT/Institute of Design. It was a great location,
good times, and we got a lot of work done. Actually, that was a Global Bug
Jam, but all the same.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738