[Ubuntu Chicago] Best Email Client?

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 9 03:41:23 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:03:44PM -0600, Montel Edwards wrote:
> Good evening everyone,
>  I've been looking for a good new email client for a while to use as
> default, and I thought that there would be no better place than a
> mailing list!
>
> Here are a couple of things that i'm looking for:
>
> 1) Must NOT take up a lot of system resources ( I sold my Sun
> Workstation, so all I have now is my netbook)
> 2) Must load quicky
> 3) Easy GPG Support
> 4) IMAP Support

Mutt with OfflineIMAP. It is of course text based. You can actually use
Mutt without OfflineIMAP in an IMAP environment. Hardly any system
resources used. On another note, I am hearing some good things about
Thunderbird, and I am hearing this from KDE developers as well.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738