[Ubuntu Chicago] Doc Jam - likely date of Sunday, January 17th

Steve Woodruff swoody at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 3 21:05:31 GMT 2010

I know I don't speak for all suburbanites, but I think it would probably be
easier for me to make it downtown - since I can use public transport. It
looks like there's a stop on the blue line right on Chicago Ave. (?). If
not, the OTC isn't *that* far away, so I don't think it would be an issue
for me.

--
Steve Woodruff
swoody at ubuntu.com

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Based on submissions to the doodle poll (
>> http://doodle.com/ifrw63w2r7mx5gx5) thus far, it is looking like Sunday,
>> January 17th is our best bet for the Doc Jam.
>>
>> Could a Schaumburg resident please confirm that a room is available at the
>> public library on that date?  If so, please reserve a room from 11:00am to
>> 5:00pm.
>>
>> Once the room details are confirmed, we'll get word out about the event.
>> Thanks, all.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> The Schaumburg Public Library is all booked up on the 17th, but that date
> is still our best option in terms of people being able to attend.
>
> With that, I'd like to keep the 17th date, but we need to find a new
> location.  We could use an alternate location in the suburbs, but there is
> also the possibility of using Micah's work location, which is in the city.
>  (Some of you may remember this location from earlier this summer.  It is on
> Chicago Avenue - not in the loop).
>
> If we held it in the city, would the suburban folks still be able to
> attend?  Please let us know if having it in the city would prevent you from
> attending.  Also, if you can recommend an alternate suburban location, that
> would be great, too.  Thanks,
>
> Jim

Steve Woodruff
swoody at ubuntu.com