[Ubuntu Chicago] Jam

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 27 22:26:00 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> First, I want to say THANK YOU (THANK YOU) to Corey for securing the
> Schaumburg Library location.  At this time we're also fortunate enough
> to have secured a location at Pumping Station One (3354 N. Elston,
> Chicago, IL) for the event.
>
> So, we need to decide on which location to use.  A couple of things to
> note about the PS-One location.
> - It's not far off the expressway (kinda close to Belmont/Kedzie off of 90-94)
> - Street parking will be no problem
> - Public transportation isn't so bad (There's a Belmont bus stop about
> 2 blocks way from the location), but it's not super-duper great.
> - There's no dedicated projector at PS-One
> - PS-One could host about 20 or so of us.  More than that, and it
> would be crowded.
>
> The room that Corey secured sounds good, too.  Please look over his
> notes, and respond to the ML ASAP to let us know (if you plan to
> attend) which location you would prefer.  Thanks!

To restate some of the facts regarding the Schaumburg Library location
that Corey provided in an earlier email:

It will hold 25 people and is equipped with wireless networking, a
projector, and desks

Schaumburg Public Library
130 S. Roselle Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
(847) 985-4000
FAX: (847) 923-3131
TDD: (847) 923-3348

Sunday, October 4th
12pm - 8:45 pm

The library is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of
Schaumburg and Roselle roads.  Here is a link to the directions they
provide on their site:

http://www.stdl.org/maps/directions.asp#central

I think Schaumburg would be a little better for me. It also has a
projector, which could come in handy. However, I would be fine with
either location.

Nathan