[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Bug Jam - Major Problems

Richard Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Tue Jan 6 02:13:45 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:31:22PM -0500, Michael McCune wrote:
> Don't blow a gasket Rich! I will come if I don't have to work that day.
> It is still over a month away and I don't know my schedule yet. I'm sure
> a lot of other people are in the same situation.

No blowing a gasket. I have actually used this type of response
previously in order to revoke the response I want. And as you can see,
it worked like a charm. So I know there is some people interested, that
is good. I am not 100% sure if I am going to go to SCALE just yet. I
want to go, but at the same time I don't know how interested I am in
going all the way to California after just getting back from California.
I think I will sit out SCALE because I have PyCon, Penguicon, Flourish,
and possibly some others coming up, not to forget about the next UDS as
well.

I would rather stick around in a groovy atmosphere and hack instead of
hanging out in California, blowing money on getting drunk :P

Anyways, the Centro venue sounds like an awesome thing, so if you can
get it that would rock. If not, we might have to adjust my original
plans a bit to work something out.

Someone asked about the Ubuntu Michigan thing, it will be somewhere
around the Detroit metro area. I have done more work with them in the
past year than I have Chicago because to me, they totally embody what I
vision as the perfect LoCo. They have a great deal of interest from all
types of people, and there events are never lacking people.

I am hoping that with Jim's plans for the next few months, we can bring
back that interest that we had 2 years ago. The interest where we had
like 15 people working a booth at the first Flourish, and the same
interest that chewed up and spit out Fedora in a Battle of the Distros
:)

--
Richard JOHNSON
Developer, http://www.kubuntu.org