[Ubuntu Chicago] Chicago GNU/Linux User Group Meeting on Feb 7th, 2009

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:13:45 GMT 2009

The Chicago GNU/Linux User Group will be having our meeting on
Saturday, December 6th, 2008 at 3:00 pm. We will be meeting at the
Institute of Design (http://tinyurl.com/6m6d6d) on the 2nd Floor in
room 201. The venue is located close to public transportation and
there is a parking garage across the street for those of you who drive
to the meeting. The garage charges $8 for the whole day on the
weekend.  For more information check out our website at
http://www.chicagolug.org or join our mailing list at
https://www.chicagolug.org/lists.  Please feel free to forward this
announcement to any other groups you think might be interested in
attending.

== Presentations ==

- Tool and Tips to Help Market Yourself (Kevin Harriss)

This presentation will introduce some tools and tips that people can
use to help market themselves so they can get the job that they want.

- Remember the Milk (Jim Campbell)

An overview of the the web-based task manager, Remember the Milk.

- Miro (Christopher Allan Webber)

An introduction to Miro a free, open source Internet TV and video player.

- What is a Hackerspace (Ishmael Rufus)

An introduction to the basics of what hackerspaces are and why they
are created which would lead into talking about the project in Chicago
Pumpingstation One.

What: Chicago GNU/Linux User Group Meeting

When: Saturday, Feb 7th, 2009 @ 3pm

Agenda: http://www.chicagolug.org/wiki/Agenda20090207

Where: Institute of Design
    350 N LaSalle Blvd