[Ubuntu Chicago] Developer Jams

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon May 5 23:00:11 BST 2008

Hi All,

On 5/5/08, Richard A. Johnson <nixternal at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> I have been thinking about this and come up with the following idea on how
> we
> can run Ubuntu Chicago Developer Jams. We can do a few class like sessions
> teach the stuff, and from there we can then turn it into a more
> social/hacking
> event where we could meet up and hang out. For the first few sessions,
> something like the following would be kind of cool to hold:

This sounds good, and very ambitious.  I like how we start out with basic
stuff that many people might be familiar with already, but we build on it.

I'm not sure when the former EA space would be made available for user
groups, but maybe we could do something at IIT if we wanted to do it in the
city.  COD would work well, too.

I guess we should just make sure we do a good job of planning it out.  Set
up some pages on the wiki to organize things . . . see what other teams have
done so that we don't try to reinvent the wheel.  It also sounds like
non-regulars would be interested if this were well publicized.  So we could
get word out to the UIC LUG, Chicago LUG, NW Chicago LUG, Northwestern,
DePaul, and Loyola campuses, stuff like that.

Jim