[Ubuntu Chicago] Wireless setup help

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:29:52 GMT 2008

James, are next meeting is in two weeks, the 23nd, and a location/time is
forthcoming. I still have get in contact with some people and figure the
exact location, but it is almost certainly going to be in the suburbs, since
we like to switch between the 'burbs and the city and our last two meetings
were in the city.

Cheers and congratulations on your wireless,

Eddie m.

On Feb 10, 2008 12:22 PM, James White <jwhite1202 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes it was definitely the case here ;-).  Ahh well, if that is the worst
> thing that happens while I am using Ubuntu, then I'll be happy.  I must say
> I do love this laptop and I am getting very use to the speed of Ubuntu.  Now
> once I actually learn how to utilize this o/s I think I'll really be a fan.
> Again,  thanks for the patience with a Linux noob :-).  BTW, do you guys
> meet ever so often or something?  I wouldn't mind attending an event or two
> if you all have them in the Chicagoland.
>
> --James
>

> On Feb 9, 2008 8:35 PM, Wally Valters <deepsky99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ahh, the "nut behind the keyboard" failure:))
> > Happens a lot
> >

> > On Feb 9, 2008 3:19 PM, James E White Jr. <jwhite1202 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Finally got my wireless connection working! Found out that I had the
> > > wrong password once I added the correct one connected seemlessly.
> > > Thanks for putting up with me guys.  I appreciate all of the help.
> > >

> > > --James
> > > On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 06:58 -0600, Wally Valters wrote:
> > >  > do an 'ifconfig -a' as well while you are at it.

> > > WEP

> > > you
> > > go

> > > checked

> > > changes
> > > the
> > > into

> > > White
> > > wireless
> > > is
> > > an
> > > is
> > >  Is
> > > would
> > > away
> > > been
> > > but
> > > running.
> > > in
> > > need
> > > -
> > > Jim
> > > giving
> > >  :-)
> > > typing
> > > give
> > > and
> > > the
> > > and
> > > having
> > > up
> > > connection.  I have a 2Wire wireless modem.  The problem is that Ubuntu will
> > > not recognize the password key that I am giving it.  I know the key works
> > > because I have several other computers using it with no problem.  Please let
> > > me know what I need to do to get this to work.
> > > Ubuntu-us-chicago mailing list
> > > Ubuntu-us-chicago at lists.ubuntu.com
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-chicago
> > > Ubuntu-us-chicago at lists.ubuntu.com
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-chicago
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-chicago

Encryption Key (GPG PID): 19983D83
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>