[Ubuntu Chicago] Fwd: Will you PLEASE consider my proposal of use.

Patrick Green patlgreen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:47:41 GMT 2008

Thank you so much for sharing Jim.

I gotta tell ya, the response from the budding entrepreneur is not really
making me feel warm and fuzzy.  I have dealt with Michelle and she is always
fair, clear, and reasonable in her professional dealings.  Canonical and
Ubuntu have done a lot of good and they have been VERY generous in allowing
other groups to incorporate the logo into a distro that is based on Ubuntu.
Professional partnerships are not all that difficult to obtain and allow you
to be a Canonical Partner.

However, and I speak as a partner, it is a contract between you and
Canonical that involves your product line with Ubuntu pre installed.  At the
point other individuals enter with their own hardware with no benchmark for
quality one could not promise Ubuntu would be represented well and the
similarity in name without proper benchmarks would impair Ubuntu's
reputation.

Cheers

Patrick