[Ubuntu Chicago] GUI frontend for python backend

Freddy Martinez freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 27 18:33:34 GMT 2007

Hi everyone, (sorry for the x-post)

I recently posted in a blog [1] some python code we had developed
(Sorry J.Q., no Lisp) for data analysis.  The post links to a bazaar
repository [2] with the code (just do bzr branch before http:// if you
want to check it out).  The thing I am looking to do is get a GUI
front-end for the python back end which will do away with all the
terminal business.  I would like to have this GUI be cross-platform
(Leopard, Linux -- testing on Ubuntu but ideally work on all, and
Windows XP).  I am not sure where to start: PyGTK and wxwidgets look
like good starting place, however I would like to have as little
dependencies as possible.  What do you all suggest I use to build a
GUI front-end?

[1] http://admiralchicago.wordpress.com/2007/11/27/want-to-save-4hrs-59minutes-30seconds/
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~freddymartinez9/+junk/trough-dev

--