[Ubuntu Chicago] Project Idea: Automatix

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri May 25 16:50:15 BST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007, John Becker wrote:
| Rich,
|
| Thank you!
|
| The official Ubuntu site has long noted their position on Automatix
| & EasyUbuntu is that these utilities are unnecessary and render your
| system unstable.

You know what, I never heard anyone complain about EasyUbuntu. Has anyone
tried it? I know they were similar, but it seems during the Edgy upgrade
fiasco that Automatix took all of the heat.

| Your comments were direct and useful. I'm going to think long and
| hard about investing a lot of time in Bash/Zenity.

Long Live Bash & Zenity!!! I remember when Zenity was the only way to install
and operating system. You would boot to a command line, or even a gui (read
Nubuntu) and then start the instaltion.

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com