[Ubuntu Chicago] Fwd: Project Idea

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu May 24 19:48:21 BST 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007, Freddy Martinez wrote:
[snip]
| Anything we do should be for the benefit of the Ubuntu, then hopefully
| (if we make a real banging product) the big boss Debian would accept
| it. we share source of course, so all of free software gains from us.
| Therefore, DE unspecific would be a good idea.

You are right. OH! And Big Boss Debian is now one of my employers (they don't
pay though), so if it is good, count it as in Debian :)  As for the DE
unspecific, how would you go about doing this? KDE uses Qt, GNOME uses GTK.
If we do one for GNOME, then in order for it to work in KDE we have to
install the GTK libs. Now if we create a backend, or take a backend that is
already there, then we create a Qt and GTK frontend for it. Unless we go with
Python and tkinter which isn't all that pretty. The only way to go DE
unspecific is Java ;)  Ya, didn't think so ;p

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124