[Ubuntu Chicago] Team Project Ideas

Chad Sutton chadarius at gmail.com
Tue May 15 02:55:11 BST 2007

Freddy Martinez wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> 1) GPL (v3 is due out soon, lets adopt it?)
>>
> Absolutely. GPLv3 and later perhaps?
>
>> 2) Language
>>      - Python
>>      - C/C++
>>
> I've been looking for something to learn new languages in. I'll be
> happy to take a shot at Python.
>
>> 3) Developer Documentation & User Documentation
>>
> I can help with either one of these.
>
>> 4) Revision control (SVN - i.e., Google Code or SourceForge, or better yet
>> Bazaar and host it on Launchpad)
>>
> I'd vote for Bazaar or SVN.
> [snip]
>
>> OK, so what type of application or project is everyone interested in?
>>
> Bughelper is the project that interests me most right now. Not
> everyone wants to do bugs so I want to know what else people want to
> do. Perhaps code a GUI version of bughelper?
> [snip]
> = PROJECT IDEA =
> - GUI for bughelper
> - Maybe try to go for a bounty [1]. Not for the cash, but to fix a
> problem that someone finds very relevant and important.
> = MY SKILLSET =
> - Bug guy (intermediate)
> - Coding in any language (not great)
> - Writing / Proofing (hablamos espanol)
> - DocBook XML for docs (good [i think])
> - Revision control systems (good)
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bounties

For my two cents. I'd like to see us work with Python as well. I haven't
messed with it much, but I'd like to learn more. The only way that will
happen is to just dive in.

I'm game for just about anything, but for our first time out, I think we
should find a project that needs some help and get to work on it. Let's
start simple and accomplishable and build up to something amazing.

--
Later,
Chad Sutton
csutton at chadarius.com