[Ubuntu Chicago] Team Project Ideas

Mustafa Ozkaynak mozkaynak at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:44:59 BST 2007

Hi,
I am an Industrial Engineer and interested in communication within software
teams.
I would like to take part and volunteer time for any collaboration. I have
some programming experience in Pascal and Visual Basic.

Speaking of ideas, I am up for all ideas mentioned before but If we do
project planning one I can contribute more.

On 5/13/07, Eric O'Neal <fyedernoggersnodden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dang it.  I keep hitting the wrong button in Gmail.  Sorry for the
> mis-mails.
>
> On 5/12/07, Josh Siegel < joshs at stormbirds.org> wrote:
> >
> > project idea:
> >
> >   1) Distributed project management/todo-lists...
>

> That's a good one.  I had a similar idea ages ago -- don't remember what
> prompted it, though.  Gives me de ja vu, though... are there already
> web-based OSS project management tools?
>
> I'd love to see an improved MacBook trackpad driver -- namely with support
> for the advanced two-finger click and scroll features.  But, that's just
> me... I don't expect to see anybody else get excited over it.  'Sides, I
> don't know the first thing about kernel hacking.
>
> As far as my skillset: whatever's happening I want something that'll
> challenge me to learn.  For the last year I've been programming a database
> for a department here on campus, using mostly C# (Which may or may not count
> as programming experience :-P).  I'm familiar with C/C++/PHP, but have never
> worked on a group project, so I have no standard by which to judge my own
> competence.
>
> And if nothing else I could probably enjoy helping with documentation.
>
> Oh, and I've been/will be tinkering with assembly and OS basics this
> summer...  so far I have a tiny boot sector that lets you type junk on the
> screen and makes the floppy drive spin.  Lol.  Fun stuff.
>
> --
> My home page:  http://www.SigmaX.org
>
> "ttocs laeno cire oshkosh b'gosh fyedernoggersnodden nicht stein bon
> probiscus"
>
> "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned
> in school"
>               -- Albert Einstein

Mustafa Ozkaynak