[Ubuntu Chicago] Team Project Ideas

Freddy Martinez freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com
Sat May 12 19:14:42 BST 2007

[snip]
> 1) GPL (v3 is due out soon, lets adopt it?)
Absolutely. GPLv3 and later perhaps?
> 2) Language
>      - Python
>      - C/C++
I've been looking for something to learn new languages in. I'll be
happy to take a shot at Python.
> 3) Developer Documentation & User Documentation
I can help with either one of these.
> 4) Revision control (SVN - i.e., Google Code or SourceForge, or better yet
> Bazaar and host it on Launchpad)
I'd vote for Bazaar or SVN.
[snip]
> OK, so what type of application or project is everyone interested in?
Bughelper is the project that interests me most right now. Not
everyone wants to do bugs so I want to know what else people want to
do. Perhaps code a GUI version of bughelper?
[snip]
= PROJECT IDEA =
- GUI for bughelper
- Maybe try to go for a bounty [1]. Not for the cash, but to fix a
problem that someone finds very relevant and important.
= MY SKILLSET =
- Bug guy (intermediate)
- Coding in any language (not great)
- Writing / Proofing (hablamos espanol)