[Ubuntu Chicago] Cannot install XP (yeah yeah, I know)

Patrick Green patlgreen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:31:52 GMT 2007

LOL!

Sorry for the no update.  I ended up using that nLite program that allows
you to make a custom ISO.  I tried to install the drivers using f6 but the
doggone computer would never read the external floopy I borrowed from a
friend.  Once I found the right driver, I got it installed.  Now, just for
object lesson purposes I burned a disk of all the drivers he needed and gave
it back to him with XP installed but no sound, no ethernet, etc since
Windows would not detect any of that and Ubuntu...well...did.  ;)

I respect choice.  If you did not like Linux...fine.  But let's remove this
nasty everything works with windows rumor.  The out of the box installed
experience on the SONY is better with Ubuntu than it is with XP or Vista.