[Ubuntu Chicago] Fwd: Semi-blind, 7-language ret.professor in Chicago needs help with Ubuntu, after trying 3 days

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 21 20:03:03 BST 2007

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the cross-post to the lists, but I was hoping you all may be able to
help out here. I received the following message which I have forwarded
inline. It is a very touching story only because you really don't hear of
things like this. The gentleman who emailed me is a retired professor, 85
years old, and needs to setup Ubuntu on his new laptop where he can type his
book with Hebrew/Arabic letters. I am ignorant when it comes to anything
other than English and a little bit of Spanish (enough to order more Tequila
and Cervesa, and to cuss you out when you cut me off in Little Village).
Anyways, I am hoping that someone from these lists may be able to either help
me out, or to help this gentleman out with what he is trying to do.

If anyone is able to help out with this, please contact me or reply to the
list. I do not know exactly where he is in Chicago just yet, but I have
requested that information so we can place somebody close to help him out.
Once we can get this setup and it is a successful job, I can promise you that
this story will be large and will make Chicago look good! Thanks ahead of
time for anyone that would be able to help.