[Ubuntu Chicago] Chicago Free and Open Source Conference

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:41:47 BST 2007

Hey all,

I interested in setting up a Free and Open Source conference in Chicago.
This conference is to focus more on the desktop/enthusiast not the
business side of Free and Open Source software.  If you would be
interested helping out our sharing ideas please join us in our irc
channel #chicon on freenode.  Also if you would be interested in a
conference like just please reply saying that you are interested.  This
will help us gage the interest.  I am really hoping to show everyone
that the Midwest and more specifically Chicago is a good city for
conferences and Free and Open Source Software, this can be done since we
are hosting PyCon and Flourish.

Thanks,

     I. Kevin Harriss