[Ubuntu Chicago] Packaging

Antonio Sosa asosa at ansotech.com
Sun Apr 22 18:40:41 BST 2007

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank Rich and Andrew. With the info they sent yesterday
to the list, I was able to build a couple debs from source.

I am surprised there isn't a deb GUI maker out yet. Looks like something
that could be scripted in a python gui. Might be something to look at
building, does anyone know of any GUI tools for deb building?

Maybe we could use this as a test project; get our hands dirty with some
gui python scripting to build a wrapper for the deb making tools - sorta
like a NSIS for Linux.

Just a thought.

Antonio Sosa