[Ubuntu Chicago] Meeting Request

Chad Sutton chadarius at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:34:52 BST 2007

Rich Johnson wrote:
> OK,
>
> Here we go, I would like others to be able to attend, so does anyone have
> space, open weekend within a week or after April 22nd? The space has to be
> free, we need a projector and screen. Need it for no less than 4, no more
> than 8.
>
> NOTE: Chicago Public Library is a no go, they will not allow our group to meet
> there. I have been in contact with them hoping to set something up on a
> regular basis. I even got a Chicago library card and offered to rent the
> space. They don't rent spaces, and since we are not a government
> organization, a public not-for-profit, and such, we are not allowed. Chicago
> Library sucks and I say boycott the damn place.
>
> We need a space that can hold a minimum of 25 people, because who knows how
> many will show up for the next event. The nice thing about CoD, is I have
> that room booked from now until forever, every month for 2007. I would like a
> time and date that is free for a majority of the people.
>
> After April I am literally dead with my summer courses, helping KDE and Google
> Summer of Code, Kubuntu devel, and Kubuntu and KDE documentation, as well as
> leading the CoDLUG.

I am pretty sure we could hold it at my church as long as the schedule
fits in. We have WiFi there and a projector screen to use. We would just
have to move a few chairs and setup a few tables for laptops and we are
good to go.

My Church is in Glen Ellyn right near 53 and Butterfield. We could do
something from 12-4pm on the 21st or we could do something on the 28th
and start earlier. My Christian Computing Forum is at 9-11am on the
28th. We could do 11am-4pm on the 28th too. Let me know if you guys want
to use our space and I'll make sure it goes on the calendar so no one
else grabs the space.

--
Later,
Chad Sutton