Ubuntu-Chicago New Member

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 10 01:32:21 BST 2006

On Saturday 09 September 2006 19:01, Michael DePolis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope I'm not out of line posting this to the group, but I wanted to
> introduce myself since I just added my name to the Ubuntu-Chicago group
> list.  My name is Mike (sounds like an AA meeting now:-)  I have been an
> on and off Linux users for about 7-8 years and a dedicated Linux user
> (At least at home, a part timer at work being an all MS environment) for
> about 3 - 3.5 years.  I found Ubuntu about 2 years ago and have loved it
> since.
>
> I live in the NW suburbs and am looking forward to giving back by
> helping move Ubuntu forward in any way I can.   I am not a developer, my
> early background was in system and network engineering and I now hold an
> IT management position.
>
> I look forward to getting to know the group and helping if I can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike DePolis

Mike,

Welcome! You are never out of line posting Ubuntu related stuff or introducing
yourself. We are glad to have you and look forward to meeting you at a future
meeting, gathering, or hackfest, or something combined.

I am in the NW burbs as well, so it is good having a nother one ;) Where at
exactly?  I am out by Bloomingdale, a mile from Stratford Square Mall.

Anywho, welcome, and if you need anything let me know. I am going to be
receiving some CDs and stickers this week, so if you need any material, let
me know, and if I have it, we can meet possibly to exchange the goods ;) Talk
to you soon.

Oh by the way, we tend to hang out on IRC. Server is chat.us.freenode.net,
port is 8001, and the channel is #ubuntu-chicago.  You can catch me online,
with AIM, MSN, and Yahoo as nixternal, or on ICQ as 240776631, or Jabber me
at nixternal at jabber.kubuntu.de.

Richard Johnson <> nixternal at ubuntu.com
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com <> chi.ubuntu-us.com
online everywhere as nixternal
<><