Ubuntu-Chicago Recruitment

Freddy Martinez freddymartinez9 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 01:55:35 GMT 2006

Rich J, I'll make the page. Perhaps you can show me how to work the IRC
topic so I can alter it if need be. Alan, your idea is genius, at my own
school I will be doing a presentation on F/OSS (and Ubuntu of course) and
will be pushing these CDs. Hopefully I have enough for next Friday at 4
*cough cough nixternal cough* I've changed over 5 people here, working on
more. My presentation will be on the idea of Open Source, then why Ubuntu
rocks. Therefore my moral of the story is this, educate the masses first may
be necessary. Just a theory. Everyone check out the homepage in a second,
i'll send an update soon.
On 11/7/06, Alan Augustson, MPP <alan.augustson at ameritech.net> wrote:

> Wonder if anyone can create us a poster of Che Guevara, with an Ubuntu
> emblem
> on his beret...  x'D
>
> --
>>
> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 18:07, Richard Johnson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 November 2006 17:30, Alan Augustson, MPP wrote:
> > > On the subject of promotion and outreach, I'd like to recommend we
> > > connect with various student groups at the local universities.
> > >
> > > Ubuntu is likely to enjoy its biggest success among that demographic
> > > group - young, computer savvy and looking for some way to stick it to
> The
> > > Man.
> > >
> > > :)
> >
> > Awesome!  Very good point Alan, and definitely one we shouldn't
> overlook. I
> > am currently enrolled in 2 school systems, and I am pushing Ubuntu
> there. I
> > have a couple of people actually at CoD pushing Ubuntu and a few
> elsewhere.
> > I am actually working on a specification for CoD to not go with Novell
> SuSE
> > next year as their new OS.

-Freddy Martinez-
Kubuntu. [GNU/]Linux for human beings.