Ubuntu-Chicago First Mailing List Email

Rich Johnson nixternal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 05:10:47 BST 2006

Well since nobody else wanted to break it in, I figured I would. Here is what
is currently on my agenda:
 * Ubuntu Chicago Meeting - July 27, 2006 @ 6pm
 * Writing Edgy Documentation for Ubuntu/Kubuntu
 * Writing a 'Switch from Windows' guide for Kubuntu users
 * Redoing wiki pages for Ubuntu Marketing & Ubuntu Magazine
 * Various Ubuntu meetings coming up

What I have been doing:
 * Finally go our mailing list!!
 * Working on procuring some 'Official' Ubuntu webhosting
 * Preparing for our meeting next week
 * Packaging, Documentation, Marketing, Bug Triage and more for Ubuntu

My Involvement in the Ubuntu Community:
 * Kubuntu Member
 * Ubuntu Member
 * Documentation Team Member
 * Wiki Team Member
 * Marketing Team Member
 * Magazine Team Member
 * Bug Team Member
 * Laptop Testing Team Member
 * New User Network Member
      * Ubuntu Classroom (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Classroom)
 * Ubuntu Chicago Member

As you can see I tend to dedicate a lot of my free time to Ubuntu. I enjoy the
community and working along side of some of the greatest Debian and KDE
developers ever.

Some Team Ideas:
 * Google Calendar - Maybe use it to track something?
 * Business Cards - I know "Official" Ubuntu business cards are for member,
but we can make our own, and I encourage you all to do so.
 * Flyers, pamphlets, presentations - if you can design it do it!!!

What I have for all of you at our meeting:
 * Ubuntu 6.06 LTS x86 & 64-bit Desktop CDs
 * Ubuntu Stickers
 * If I get as lucky as I did with the Ubuntu CDs, there will be the same for
Kubuntu & Edubuntu.

That's it, I want to hear from all of you, as we have a great way to
communicate here now. Can't wait to see you all at the meeting!!! Thanks
again!!!
--
Rich Johnson (nixternal)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/nixternal