[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu California LoCo Team leadership voting now open through July 23rd

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 27 03:12:48 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Charlie beat me to the punch with regard to announcing the winner of
the poll for our new team leader, but it was indeed Nathan Haines! The
results are as follows:

1. Nathan Haines (nhaines)  (Condorcet winner: wins contests with all
other choices)
2. Charlie Luna (metalbiker)  loses to Nathan Haines (nhaines) by 9–3

Of the 39 authorized voters, there were 12 votes cast.

Source: http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_413c3882f8b22a5d

Now, percentage-wise, this is reasonable turnout for an open source
project election, but 39 eligible voters isn't very many! Membership
in the https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-california team gets you things
like voting and commit access to our project resources, so you might
consider it if you haven't joined, or let your membership lapse.

So a formal congratulations to Nathan! And thanks to Charlie for
putting is name in as a candidate, I look forward to continuing to
work with both of you on the team over this coming year :)

Thanks also goes out to Brendan Perrine (ianorlin) who, along with
Nathan and I, kept his role as part of the leadership trio for an
extra six months while we ratified the new leadership document and
went through the election process again. And thanks to everyone who
voted and participated in the work that was done to amend our
leadership document.